QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR WOOF LINE
- Original bags are made with d2w and come in 3 different sizes to reduce the amount the waste you create – one bag size does not fit all poops
- Corn bags meet ASTM D6400 standard
- Splash bags melt in water like detergent pods
doo-n-go™ poop bags are made with different materials and come in different sizes reducing the amount of waste you create.
We do not label our bags “biodegradable”. Our Original bags are made with d2w, an additive that helps them break down faster than traditional plastics as long as oxygen and light are present, and they meet the ASTM D6954-04 standard.
Our unscented Corn bags are made with corn starch from non-petroleum based PLA, and they meet the ASTM D6400 standard.
We promise to continually improve our product, if we can make a better bag we will. Please check with your municipality about their policies regarding pet waste bags.
- Original bags made with d2w meet the ASTM standard D6954-04
- Splash bags crumple in water.
- Corn bags meet the ASTM standard 6400
doo-n-go™ also gives you a choice of material.
QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR MEOW LINE
- Large – 31”x37”
- X-large – 36”x39”
- Large – 31”x13.5”
- X-large – 36”x15.75”
SCIENCE BEHIND THE BAGS
- Our Original bags are made with d2w, meet the ASTM standard D6954-04.
- Our Splash bags lose consistency and crumple in water.
- Our Corn bags are made from corn starch and meet the ASTM D6400 standard.
But don’t feel too bad, there’s good news on the landfill front. Modern landfills are designed to compact and lock layers of garbage between layers of dirt. The general idea is to prevent the garbage from breaking down, degrading, biodegrading, or composting. It seems counter intuitive but there’s a good reason: despite the best efforts of the landfill operators water will always end up in the landfill. If the garbage dissolves and mixes with the water it will cause a harmful, chemical liquid to leach into the surrounding soil. When biodegradable and compostable materials end up in the landfill they breakdown and cause leaching. That’s why it’s important to make sure HDPE and Corn bags are trashed.
We love communication. If your question was not answered here or there’s something that doesn’t make sense please let us know.